Ireland’s leading CBD company Dr. Hemp Me provides you with everything you need to know about CBD oil in Ireland in their ultimate guide.
In recent years, CBD (cannabidiol) oil has gained popularity worldwide due to its potential health benefits.1 As a non-psychoactive component of the Cannabis sativa plant, it has been widely used to alleviate various ailments and improve overall well-being. In Ireland, the CBD market has experienced rapid growth, with Dr. Hemp Me emerging as the country’s largest and most reputable brand.
Dr. Hemp Me: Ireland’s biggest CBD brand
Established in 2017, Dr. Hemp Me has become Ireland’s leading CBD brand, offering a wide range of high-quality products to its customers. The company’s mission is to provide safe and effective CBD products while educating consumers on the potential health benefits associated with their use.2
Dr. Hemp Me’s website serves as a hub for information on its products, as well as a platform for customer support and guidance.
Quality and testing
Dr. Hemp Me is committed to delivering the highest quality CBD products on the market. To ensure this, they source their CBD from organic, non-GMO hemp plants grown in the European Union.2 Furthermore, they use the CO2 extraction method, which is considered the industry standard for producing high-quality CBD oil while preserving beneficial compounds.3
To guarantee the safety and potency of their products, Dr. Hemp Me subjects them to rigorous third-party lab testing. These tests verify the CBD content, the absence of harmful contaminants, and the levels of other cannabinoids and terpenes. All test results are readily available on their website, providing customers with full transparency and confidence in their purchase.4
Dr. Hemp Me offers a diverse selection of CBD products, including:
- CBD Oil: Available in various strengths and flavours, their full-spectrum CBD oils cater to different customer needs.
- CBD Capsules: For those who prefer a tasteless and convenient option, CBD capsules provide a pre-measured dose of CBD.
- CBD Topicals: These creams and balms can be applied directly to the skin for localized relief.
- CBD Gummies: A tasty and discreet way to consume CBD, gummies are perfect for those who want a convenient and enjoyable method of ingestion.
- CBD for Pets: Hemp Me also offers specially formulated CBD products for pets, such as pet-specific CBD oils and treats.
Benefits of CBD oil
CBD oil has been studied extensively for its potential health benefits, with promising results in various areas:
One of the primary benefits attributed to CBD oil is its potential to alleviate pain.5 Research suggests CBD may interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) to regulate inflammation and pain signalling.6 This has led to using CBD oil for conditions such as chronic pain, arthritis, and fibromyalgia.
Anxiety and depression
CBD oil has shown promise in managing anxiety and depression, with studies indicating that it may have anxiolytic and antidepressant properties.7 By interacting with serotonin receptors in the brain, CBD may help regulate mood and reduce anxiety symptoms.
Other potential benefits
There are several other potential health benefits associated with CBD oil, including:
- Improved sleep quality;8
- Reduction of acne and skin inflammation;9
- Neuroprotective effects in conditions such as Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis;10 and
- Potential anticancer properties.11
While more research is needed to fully understand the scope of CBD’s health benefits, these findings are encouraging and contribute to its growing popularity.
How to use CBD oil
CBD oil can be consumed in various ways, depending on the product type and individual preferences. Some common methods include:
- Sublingual: Placing a few drops of CBD oil under the tongue and holding it there for 60-90 seconds allows for fast absorption into the bloodstream;
- Capsules: Swallowing CBD capsules with water provides a tasteless and measured dose of CBD;
- Topical Application: Applying CBD creams and balms directly to the skin targets specific areas of discomfort;
- Vaping: Inhaling CBD vape oil through a vape pen allows for rapid absorption and quick effects; and
- Edibles: Consuming CBD-infused gummies or other edibles offers a discreet and enjoyable way to take CBD.
It’s essential to start with a low dose and gradually increase it until the desired effects are achieved. Consult with a healthcare professional before using CBD oil, especially if you’re taking medications or have underlying health conditions.
Legality of CBD oil in Ireland
In Ireland, CBD oil is legal as long as it contains less than 0.2% THC (the psychoactive component of cannabis) and is derived from EU-approved industrial hemp strains.12 Dr. Hemp Me’s products meet these criteria, ensuring that customers can safely and legally purchase and consume their CBD oil.
Market growth and demand for CBD oil in Ireland
The Irish CBD market has experienced remarkable growth over the past few years, with an increasing number of consumers seeking high-quality CBD products for their potential health benefits. According to a 2020 survey conducted by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI), approximately 37% of Irish adults have tried CBD products at least once.13 This rising demand has led to an influx of new brands and products, further expanding the market.
Several factors contribute to the growing popularity of CBD oil in Ireland, including:
- Increased awareness of potential health benefits: As more research emerges on the potential therapeutic effects of CBD, public interest in its use has grown;
- Changing attitudes towards cannabis: As societal attitudes towards cannabis become more progressive, the stigma around using CBD products is diminishing; and
- Greater availability: With a wider range of products and brands entering the market, CBD oil has become more accessible to Irish consumers.
Regulation in Ireland
As the demand for CBD oil grows in Ireland, it is essential to have proper regulations in place to ensure consumer safety and product quality. The Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) is responsible for regulating CBD products in Ireland.14 In addition to the legal requirements mentioned earlier, the HPRA sets guidelines for the labelling, marketing, and selling CBD products.
In 2021, the European Union reclassified CBD as a “novel food,” which requires companies to obtain authorization before selling CBD products.15 This new classification has led to stricter regulations and increased scrutiny of CBD products entering the market, ultimately contributing to higher safety and quality standards.
Educating consumers about CBD oil in Ireland
With the growing interest in CBD oil, it is crucial to provide accurate information and education to consumers. Misinformation and misconceptions about CBD can lead to confusion and potential misuse.
Dr. Hemp Me, as a leading brand in the Irish market, places a strong emphasis on educating its customers about CBD’s potential benefits, risks, and proper usage.
Consumers should be encouraged to research and understand the following aspects of CBD oil:
- Dosage: Finding the right dose can be challenging, as individual responses to CBD can vary. It’s essential to start with a low dose and gradually increase it to find the optimal amount for the desired effects;
- Interactions with medications: CBD may interact with certain medications, affecting their efficacy or causing adverse effects. It’s crucial to consult with a healthcare professional before using CBD oil alongside other medications; and
- Potential side effects: While CBD is generally considered safe, some individuals may experience side effects such as dizziness, dry mouth, or changes in appetite. It’s essential to be aware of these potential side effects and monitor one’s response to CBD oil.
Supporting the local CBD industry in Ireland
As the demand for CBD oil continues to grow, supporting local businesses like Dr. Hemp Me can contribute to the development of a robust and sustainable CBD industry in Ireland. By choosing Irish brands, consumers can help foster job creation, support local economies, and ensure that high-quality products are readily available.
Additionally, by supporting local companies that prioritize transparency, safety, and customer education, consumers can contribute to raising industry standards and promoting responsible practices.
The future of CBD oil in Ireland
The future of CBD oil in Ireland looks promising, with the potential for continued growth and innovation. As more research is conducted on the potential health benefits of CBD, it is expected that the market will expand further, leading to a greater variety of products and applications.
Here are some key trends and factors that may shape the future of CBD oil in Ireland:
- Research and development: As more studies are conducted on CBD’s potential benefits and applications, new product formulations and delivery methods may emerge, catering to a wider range of consumer needs;
- Regulatory changes: The evolving regulatory landscape, both within Ireland and the European Union, may impact the availability and accessibility of CBD products. Companies will need to adapt to these changes to ensure compliance and maintain consumer trust;
- Sustainability: As the global focus on sustainability and environmentally friendly practices increases, the CBD industry in Ireland may need to adopt more sustainable production methods, such as organic farming, eco-friendly packaging, and waste reduction initiatives; and
- Collaboration with healthcare professionals: As CBD becomes more mainstream, collaboration between CBD companies and healthcare professionals will be essential to ensure that accurate information is provided to consumers and that CBD products are used responsibly and effectively.
Consumer responsibility and choosing the right products
As the CBD market in Ireland continues to grow, consumers play a crucial role in shaping the industry’s future. By making informed decisions and choosing high-quality products from reputable brands like Dr. Hemp Me, consumers can support responsible practices and help maintain a high standard of safety and efficacy.
When selecting a CBD product, consumers should consider the following factors:
- Third-party lab testing: Look for products that have been independently tested by a third-party laboratory to verify the CBD content, THC levels, and the absence of harmful contaminants;
- Extraction method: The CO2 extraction method is considered the gold standard for producing high-quality CBD oil while preserving beneficial compounds;
- Source of hemp: Ensure that the CBD is sourced from organic, non-GMO hemp plants grown in compliance with relevant regulations;
- Full-spectrum or isolate: Full-spectrum CBD products contain a range of cannabinoids and terpenes, which may provide added benefits due to the “entourage effect.” CBD isolates, on the other hand, contain only CBD and may be preferable for those who want to avoid even trace amounts of THC; and
- Company reputation: Research the company’s background, mission, and customer reviews to ensure that they prioritize quality, safety, and customer satisfaction.
By being discerning consumers and supporting reputable brands like Dr. Hemp Me, the Irish public can contribute to a thriving, responsible, and sustainable CBD industry.
The growth and demand for CBD oil in Ireland show no signs of slowing down. As the market continues to expand, companies like Dr. Hemp Me will play a pivotal role in shaping the industry’s future by providing high-quality, safe, and effective products. With continued innovation, research, and responsible practices, the future of CBD oil in Ireland is bright and full of potential.
- Pisanti, S., Malfitano, A. M., Ciaglia, E., Lamberti, A., Ranieri, R., Cuomo, G., … & Bifulco, M. (2017). Cannabidiol: State of the art and new challenges for therapeutic applications. Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 175, 133-150.
- Hemp Me. (n.d.). About Us. Retrieved from https://www.drhempme.ie/about/
- Citti, C., Linciano, P., Panseri, S., & Cannazza, G. (2019). A novel phytocannabinoids quantification method based on HPLC-DAD and independent component analysis. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 411(6), 1241-1251.
- Hemp Me. (n.d.). Lab Reports. Retrieved from https://www.drhempme.ie/cbd-lab-tests/
- Russo, E. B. (2008). Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain. Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management, 4(1), 245-259.
- Nagarkatti, P., Pandey, R., Rieder, S. A., Hegde, V. L., & Nagarkatti, M. (2009). Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs. Future Medicinal Chemistry, 1(7), 1333-1349.
- Blessing, E. M., Steenkamp, M. M., Manzanares, J., & Marmar, C. R. (2015). Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for anxiety disorders. Neurotherapeutics, 12(4), 825-836.
- Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in anxiety and sleep: a large case series. The Permanente Journal, 23, 18-041.
- Oláh, A., Tóth, B. I., Borbíró, I., Sugawara, K., Szöllõsi, A. G., Czifra, G., … & Bíró, T. (2014). Cannabidiol exerts sebostatic and antiinflammatory effects on human sebocytes. Journal of Clinical Investigation, 124(9), 3713-3724.
- Fernández-Ruiz, J., Sagredo, O., Pazos, M. R., García, C., Pertwee, R., Mechoulam, R., & Martínez-Orgado, J. (2013). Cannabidiol for neurodegenerative disorders: important new clinical applications for this phytocannabinoid? British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 75(2), 323-333.
- Massi, P., Solinas, M., Cinquina, V., & Parolaro, D. (2013). Cannabidiol as a potential anticancer drug. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 75(2), 303-312.
- Health Products Regulatory Authority. (n.d.). Cannabis for Medical Use – a Scientific Review. Retrieved from https://www.hpra.ie/docs/default-source/publications-forms/newsletters/cannabis-for-medical-use—a-scientific-review.pdf
- Food Safety Authority of Ireland. (2020). Survey on CBD Products. Retrieved from https://www.fsai.ie/faq/cbd.html
- European Commission. (2021). Novel Food Catalogue. Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/food/safety/novel_food/catalogue_en